Jerk Chicken Alfredo
My friend always teases me about girls only ordering pasta whenever they go to restaurants; but, who would give up such a wonderful thing when they have the chance to have it. I had this dish when I visited a restaurant and I am very proud to say that I actually order the same thing every time I go there. Because I enjoy it so much, I decided I make it at home. What better thing to do?
I started working out last week and this might go against what my diet should be, but, I also think we deserve to please ourselves sometimes. Plus, I haven’t made this in a very long time. So you can definitely say I’m missing out on two of my favourite things, jerk and cheese. Time for some soul food!
This recipe is versatile – you can make it as spicy or as cheesy as you want. And guess what? It takes less than 30 minutes to prepare
Looking for a similar recipe? Check out my previous post.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast (cut into strips)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 3 tablespoons jerk seasoning (I used Walkerswood Jerk Seasoning)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic (grated)
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup parmesan cheese (shredded)
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 8oz penne pasta (or pasta of choice, cooked according to package directions)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley (chopped, to garnish)
- Cook pasta while chicken cooks. When finished, drain and set aside on a platter.
- Season chicken with salt, pepper and jerk seasoning. Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add chicken to skillet and cook until no longer pink inside. Remove chicken.
- In the skillet, heat butter over low medium heat. Sauté garlic. Gradually add milk and stir until smooth and creamy. Stir in parmesan cheese and mozzarella cheese; stir until cheese is melted.
- Add the chicken and penne, toss to coat. Garnish with parsley and serve.
IF YOU LOVE THIS RECIPE: Don’t miss my Jerk Stew Beef recipe.
Did you make this recipe?
I’d love to see! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #thecreolegrub.
If you liked this recipe, click the heart below and share. Please subscribe by adding your email address in the box on the right.